The palace and museum of Krishnapuram situated in Kayamkulam close to Allepey in Alappuzha district of Kerala. It was constructed in the eighteenth century by Anizham Thirunal Marthanda Varma (1729-1758 AD), of the Travancore kingdom. It is built in the signature architectural style of Kerala with gabled roof, slender passageway and dormer style windows, close to the Krishnaswamy temple. The Palace was named after this Krishnaswamy Temple at Krishnapuram, which is a serene village, which is about two kilometres (1.2 mi) south of Kayamkulam city. Placed on the hillock it is encircled by terraced garden with fountains, ponds and lawns.
The Krishnapuram Palace is known as one of the best and rarest samples of a typical Keralite style design; proverbial within the native language as Pathinerakettu is a fine example of Kerala's architectural design. It's a miniature model of Padmanabhapuram Palace, which was the headquarters of Travancore Rajas. The palace houses several other buildings, that is a mixture of ancient and western design of architecture.